Friday, September 11, 2009

IBM Deutschland

I only left IBM Germany about 40 days ago and somehow I really miss it. After spending the last 18 months there I somehow feel strongly connected to those places and the country. There are about 40 IBM locations in Germany and about 20k IBMers so pretty huge. I was located in Hanover which one of the oldest locations in Germany. Imagine they were having a factory here and some of the first computers in Europe left this building. Now I won't talk about the food, the people and my life there but about a day that really left a living memory in my heart.
It happened during my last day when I discovered that the piece of stone outside the building was part of the Berlin Wall. Felt like a loop in time. Pretty impressive :-) It seems that IBM bought and placed pieces of the Berlin Wall in front of all the location it owns in Germany as an essential mark in their history: the moment of freedom. Guess you didn't know that ;-) ?
Bis bald!

No comments:

Post a Comment