Thursday, September 10, 2009

The first IBMer

How many of you still remember the first IBMer you have seen? Or the first person you met when you joined your current employer? Do you? I know I do. As a matter of fact here she is: Alina Popescu. The first IBMer I've ever seen and one of the prettiest, smartest, kindest and helpful ones. She is everything I thought IBM will be: an adventure, a place where if you are perseverent and ambitious enough you can really make a difference, a risk worth taking. And I don't mean risk in a bad way, but you must admit it takes lot of courage to join a huge company and to challenge yourself to make it to the top.

But back to Alina, we had a perfect first interview, she asking me her HR questions (my weaknesses, my strengths, why IBM, etc) and me answering like a brave student that I was. There were so many things I wanted to ask her, so many answers I couldn't find with google, but somehow time was up. And then I left and almost cried on my way to the subway station as I was wearing such evil shoes. Another interview followed (with my first IBM Manager) and in time many others and I always see her face during the interviews, telling me about career, about a fast growing company, about chances and about the IBMer.

Today we are friends and collaborate on various projects and hope I'll also manage to see her again someday. She is still the same IBMer I met, the same passionate, intelligent and cooperating person. I wish you would all be that fortunate when having your first interview or register the same positive result when sending your recruiter in action. And yes, in case you don't remember your recruiter you should ask your employer to pay HR a visit ;-) Welcome to IBM!


PS: @Alina, you didn't see this coming, did u? At least I didn't add a biiiig picture of you:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment